Conda installation requested and failed in local galaxy

HI,

When I try to run galaxy local, I get the message “conda installation requested and failed”.
Error: did not recognise option ‘Book/Galaxy/galaxy/database/dependencies/_conda’, please try -h

I have gone into the galaxy.yml file and amended it as so:

conda_prefix: <tool_dependency_dir>/_conda

tool_dependency_dir: dependencies

conda_auto_init: true

I cannot understand what the issue is. Despite this, it allows me to open galaxy on the web and download tools but the tools do not work.

any help would be much appreciated!!

1 Like

These are the default setting, you don’t need to change them.
If you do, you need to replace <tool_dependency_dir>/ with a path, like conda_prefix: /Book/Galaxy/galaxy/database/dependencies/_conda/ , but again that isn’t necessary.

Can you be more specific about what you do to see these error messages. Are they in the user interface, or in the logs ?

I would also suggest reading https://docs.galaxyproject.org/en/master/admin/conda_faq.html if you haven’t, that might clear things up for you.

1 Like

@mvdbeek I run galaxy in the terminal

Then it says installing Conda, then it says Conda installation requested and failed (in the terminal). This happened before I even configured the galaxy.yml file. After failing to install, it repeats the process of trying to install Conda and fails again

I have read that page you suggested and from that made the changes to the galaxy.yml file. I am new to this, so have very little experience and I am struggling to understand some of the material.

1 Like

Hi @Lauren

The advice from @mvdbeek is very good. Unless an advanced admin configuration is needed for some reason, using all defaults can be a simple method to get a single-user local Galaxy instance running.

These instructions in prior Q&A explain the first steps when setting up a local under OSX. You might choose to start over, following the help, to see if that works for you. Example step-by-step for a basic local Galaxy install with an admin account created

The most current version of Galaxy is always listed here: https://docs.galaxyproject.org/en/master/releases/index.html

For even more administrative help, including tutorials and training resources, please see: Local Galaxy: Basic Question -- Installing more tools

thank you @jennaj

But I am still having issues and am unable to use local galaxy.

I have deleted and reinstalled it many times. I have followed the instructions from get galaxy and left everything as the default settings but when I run galaxy in the terminal using sh run.sh, it activates the virtual environment and then it gets to the point where galaxy wants to install conda but fails to do so, this cycle continues. Why might it be failing?

Activating virtualenv at .venv

galaxy.tool_util.deps WARNING 2020-03-31 12:11:48,004 Path ‘database/dependencies’ does not exist, ignoring

galaxy.tool_util.deps WARNING 2020-03-31 12:11:48,005 Path ‘database/dependencies’ is not directory, ignoring

galaxy.tool_util.deps.conda_util INFO 2020-03-31 12:11:48,183 Installing conda, this may take several minutes.

ERROR: did not recognize option ‘Book/Galaxy/galaxy/database/dependencies/_conda’, please try -h

galaxy.tool_util.deps.installable WARNING 2020-03-31 12:14:40,066 Conda installation requested and failed.

galaxy.tool_util.deps.conda_util INFO 2020-03-31 12:14:40,067 Installing conda, this may take several minutes.

I still get these error messages also:

galaxy.tools.toolbox.base ERROR 2020-03-31 12:17:57,604 [p:2741,w:0,m:0] [MainThread] Error reading tool configuration file from path ‘evolution/codingSnps.xml’: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: ‘/Volumes/My Book/Galaxy/galaxy/tool-data/codingSnps.loc’

galaxy.tools.toolbox.base ERROR 2020-03-31 12:17:57,606 [p:2741,w:0,m:0] [MainThread] Error reading tool configuration file from path ‘evolution/add_scores.xml’: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: ‘/Volumes/My Book/Galaxy/galaxy/tool-data/add_scores.loc’

galaxy.tools.toolbox.base ERROR 2020-03-31 12:17:57,645 [p:2741,w:0,m:0] [MainThread] Error reading tool configuration file from path ‘phenotype_association/sift.xml’: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: ‘/Volumes/My Book/Galaxy/galaxy/tool-data/sift_db.loc’

…Eventually it seems to give up after many DEBUG lines and I am provide with the http address but this takes a while to load in the web browser and the tools do not work.

I have python 3.7.7 installed on my Mac, this has now been set as the default and I have also recently updated my MacOS to Catalina.

Its getting very frustrating!

As far as I know you should not get this error: database/dependencies’ does not exist, ignoring if you really start over from the beginning and not change anything. If you re-install but use the same config.yml you are still doing the same.

Maybe it helps if you post the exact lines here again from galaxy/config/galaxy.yml that has to do with conda.

Also, try to do it step by step. With the information that you are giving now it is hard to help you.
So first download a fresh install, don’t change the config and start galaxy. Does this work? Can you start galaxy without errors and can you open the webinterface?

Second, change only the following lines to:
conda_auto_install: true
conda_auto_init: true

Try to start galaxy again, does it still work?

As last, I think this has not to do with you problem but check if there are no old hidden .conda folders. You can check it with the ls -la command. In your case a good thing to check is ls -la Book/Galaxy/

You could also install conda outside galaxy and tell galaxy where to find conda. But this can cause some permission/rights issues. Those issues are not hard to solve but you need some “commandline” experience.

Thank you @gbbio

I have completely reset my Mac (now using Catalina OS), installed Xcode, home-brew and python3 and then used the terminal to clone galaxy onto my external hard drive and I ran galaxy using sh run.sh but I still get the same outputs.

Requirement already satisfied: pip>=8.1 in ./.venv/lib/python3.7/site-packages (20.0.2)
Ignoring bz2file: markers ‘python_version < “3.3”’ don’t match your environment
Ignoring configparser: markers ‘python_version < “3.2”’ don’t match your environment
Ignoring contextlib2: markers ‘python_version < “3.5”’ don’t match your environment
Ignoring enum34: markers ‘python_version < “3.4”’ don’t match your environment
Ignoring funcsigs: markers ‘python_version < “3.3”’ don’t match your environment
Ignoring functools32: markers ‘python_version < “3.2”’ don’t match your environment
Ignoring futures: markers ‘python_version == “2.6” or python_version == “2.7”’ don’t match your environment
Ignoring ipaddress: markers ‘python_version < “3.3”’ don’t match your environment
Ignoring pathlib2: markers ‘python_version < “3.6”’ don’t match your environment
Ignoring pyinotify: markers ‘sys_platform != “win32” and sys_platform != “darwin” and sys_platform != “sunos5”’ don’t match your environment
Ignoring python-openid: markers ‘python_version < “3.0”’ don’t match your environment
Ignoring ruamel.ordereddict: markers ‘platform_python_implementation == “CPython” and python_version <= “2.7”’ don’t match your environment
Ignoring scandir: markers ‘python_version < “3.5”’ don’t match your environment
Ignoring subprocess32: markers ‘python_version < “3.0”’ don’t match your environment
Ignoring typing: markers ‘python_version < “3.5”’ don’t match your environment
Ignoring unicodecsv: markers ‘python_version < “3.0”’ don’t match your environment
Looking in indexes: https://wheels.galaxyproject.org/simple, https://pypi.python.org/simple

The Galaxy client has not yet been built and will be built now.
yarn install v1.22.4
[1/4] :mag: Resolving packages…
[2/4] :truck: Fetching packages…
[3/4] :link: Linking dependencies…
warning " > @handsontable/vue@2.0.0" has incorrect peer dependency “handsontable@^4.0.0”.
warning " > eslint-plugin-vue@5.2.3" has incorrect peer dependency “eslint@^5.0.0”.
warning “eslint-plugin-vue > vue-eslint-parser@5.0.0” has incorrect peer dependency “eslint@^5.0.0”.
[4/4] :hammer: Building fresh packages…
:sparkles: Done in 1688.75s.
yarn run v1.22.4
NODE_ENV=production gulp && yarn run webpack-production-maps && yarn run save-build-hash [14:04:59] Using gulpfile /Volumes/My Book/Galaxy/galaxy/client/gulpfile.js [14:04:59] Starting 'default'... [14:04:59] Starting 'fonts'... [14:04:59] Starting 'stageLibs'... [14:04:59] Starting 'cleanPlugins'... [14:04:59] Finished 'stageLibs' after 61 ms [14:04:59] Finished 'cleanPlugins' after 86 ms [14:04:59] Starting 'buildPlugins'... [14:04:59] Finished 'buildPlugins' after 1.14 ms [14:04:59] Starting 'stagePlugins'... Installing Dependencies for /Volumes/My Book/Galaxy/galaxy/config/plugins/visualizations/annotate_image/ info No lockfile found. [1/4] 🔍 Resolving packages... warning babel-preset-env > babel-plugin-check-es2015-constants > babel-runtime > core-js@2.6.11: core-js@<3 is no longer maintained and not recommended for usage due to the number of issues. Please, upgrade your dependencies to the actual version of core-js@3. warning parcel-bundler > core-js@2.6.11: core-js@<3 is no longer maintained and not recommended for usage due to the number of issues. Please, upgrade your dependencies to the actual version of core-js@3. warning parcel-bundler > mkdirp@0.5.4: Legacy versions of mkdirp are no longer supported. Please update to mkdirp 1.x. (Note that the API surface has changed to use Promises in 1.x.) warning parcel-bundler > @parcel/fs > mkdirp@0.5.4: Legacy versions of mkdirp are no longer supported. Please update to mkdirp 1.x. (Note that the API surface has changed to use Promises in 1.x.) warning parcel-bundler > htmlnano > svgo > mkdirp@0.5.4: Legacy versions of mkdirp are no longer supported. Please update to mkdirp 1.x. (Note that the API surface has changed to use Promises in 1.x.) warning parcel-bundler > htmlnano > uncss > request@2.88.2: request has been deprecated, see https://github.com/request/request/issues/3142 warning parcel-bundler > htmlnano > uncss > jsdom > request@2.88.2: request has been deprecated, see https://github.com/request/request/issues/3142 warning parcel-bundler > @parcel/watcher > chokidar > fsevents > node-pre-gyp > mkdirp@0.5.4: Legacy versions of mkdirp are no longer supported. Please update to mkdirp 1.x. (Note that the API surface has changed to use Promises in 1.x.) warning parcel-bundler > micromatch > snapdragon > source-map-resolve > resolve-url@0.2.1: https://github.com/lydell/resolve-url#deprecated warning parcel-bundler > micromatch > snapdragon > source-map-resolve > urix@0.1.0: Please see https://github.com/lydell/urix#deprecated warning parcel-bundler > @parcel/watcher > chokidar > fsevents > node-pre-gyp > tar > mkdirp@0.5.4: Legacy versions of mkdirp are no longer supported. Please update to mkdirp 1.x. (Note that the API surface has changed to use Promises in 1.x.) [2/4] 🚚 Fetching packages... [3/4] 🔗 Linking dependencies... [4/4] 🔨 Building fresh packages... success Saved lockfile. Building /Volumes/My Book/Galaxy/galaxy/config/plugins/visualizations/annotate_image/ parcel build src/script.js -d static --no-source-maps
:sparkles: Built in 23.13s.

static/script.js 354.8 KB 18.80s
Installing Dependencies for /Volumes/My Book/Galaxy/galaxy/config/plugins/visualizations/hyphyvision/
info No lockfile found.
warning hyphy-vision > extract-text-webpack-plugin@2.1.2: Deprecated. Please use https://github.com/webpack-contrib/mini-css-extract-plugin
warning hyphy-vision > popper.js@1.16.1: You can find the new Popper v2 at @popperjs/core, this package is dedicated to the legacy v1
warning hyphy-vision > alignment.js > popper.js@1.16.1: You can find the new Popper v2 at @popperjs/core, this package is dedicated to the legacy v1
warning hyphy-vision > alignment.js > phylotree > rollup-plugin-node-resolve@3.4.0: This package has been deprecated and is no longer maintained. Please use @rollup/plugin-node-resolve.
warning hyphy-vision > create-react-class > fbjs > core-js@1.2.7: core-js@<3 is no longer maintained and not recommended for usage due to the number of issues. Please, upgrade your dependencies to the actual version of core-js@3.
warning hyphy-vision > alignment.js > @gmod/bam > @babel/runtime-corejs2 > core-js@2.6.11: core-js@<3 is no longer maintained and not recommended for usage due to the number of issues. Please, upgrade your dependencies to the actual version of core-js@3.
warning webpack > mkdirp@0.5.4: Legacy versions of mkdirp are no longer supported. Please update to mkdirp 1.x. (Note that the API surface has changed to use Promises in 1.x.)
warning webpack > terser-webpack-plugin > cacache > mkdirp@0.5.4: Legacy versions of mkdirp are no longer supported. Please update to mkdirp 1.x. (Note that the API surface has changed to use Promises in 1.x.)
warning webpack > terser-webpack-plugin > cacache > move-concurrently > mkdirp@0.5.4: Legacy versions of mkdirp are no longer supported. Please update to mkdirp 1.x. (Note that the API surface has changed to use Promises in 1.x.)
warning webpack > micromatch > snapdragon > source-map-resolve > resolve-url@0.2.1: https://github.com/lydell/resolve-url#deprecated
warning webpack > micromatch > snapdragon > source-map-resolve > urix@0.1.0: Please see https://github.com/lydell/urix#deprecated
warning webpack > terser-webpack-plugin > cacache > move-concurrently > copy-concurrently > mkdirp@0.5.4: Legacy versions of mkdirp are no longer supported. Please update to mkdirp 1.x. (Note that the API surface has changed to use Promises in 1.x.)
warning webpack > watchpack > chokidar > fsevents > node-pre-gyp > mkdirp@0.5.4: Legacy versions of mkdirp are no longer supported. Please update to mkdirp 1.x. (Note that the API surface has changed to use Promises in 1.x.)
warning webpack > watchpack > chokidar > fsevents > node-pre-gyp > tar > mkdirp@0.5.4: Legacy versions of mkdirp are no longer supported. Please update to mkdirp 1.x. (Note that the API surface has changed to use Promises in 1.x.)
warning “hyphy-vision > extract-text-webpack-plugin@2.1.2” has incorrect peer dependency “webpack@^2.2.0”.
warning “hyphy-vision > react-scrollchor@4.2.1” has unmet peer dependency “fbjs@*”.
success Saved lockfile.
Building /Volumes/My Book/Galaxy/galaxy/config/plugins/visualizations/hyphyvision/
$ webpack --mode production
Hash: cfc7880b36d01b3069ce
Version: webpack 4.42.1
Time: 24968ms
Built at: 04/01/2020 2:25:49 PM
Asset Size Chunks Chunk Names
main.css 272 KiB 0 [emitted] [big] main
script.js 2.65 MiB 0 [emitted] [big] main
Entrypoint main [big] = main.css script.js
[5] (webpack)/buildin/global.js 472 bytes {0} [built]
[10] ./node_modules/underscore/modules/index-all.js + 1 modules 326 bytes {0} [built]
| 2 modules
[14] ./src/index.js 215 bytes {0} [built]
[42] (webpack)/buildin/amd-define.js 85 bytes {0} [built]
[43] (webpack)/buildin/amd-options.js 80 bytes {0} [built]
[65] ./node_modules/react-router-dom/es/index.js + 29 modules 76.8 KiB {0} [built]
| 30 modules
+ 64 hidden modules

WARNING in asset size limit: The following asset(s) exceed the recommended size limit (244 KiB).
This can impact web performance.
Assets:
main.css (272 KiB)
script.js (2.65 MiB)

WARNING in entrypoint size limit: The following entrypoint(s) combined asset size exceeds the recommended limit (244 KiB). This can impact web performance.
Entrypoints:
main (2.92 MiB)
main.css
script.js

WARNING in webpack performance recommendations:
You can limit the size of your bundles by using import() or require.ensure to lazy load some parts of your application.
For more info visit https://webpack.js.org/guides/code-splitting/
Child mini-css-extract-plugin …/…/…/…/…/…/…/My Book/Galaxy/galaxy/config/plugins/visualizations/hyphyvision/node_modules/css-loader/dist/cjs.js!../…/…/…/…/…/…/My Book/Galaxy/galaxy/config/plugins/visualizations/hyphyvision/node_modules/hyphy-vision/dist/hyphyvision.css:
Entrypoint mini-css-extract-plugin = *
2 modules
Child mini-css-extract-plugin …/…/…/…/…/…/…/My Book/Galaxy/galaxy/config/plugins/visualizations/hyphyvision/node_modules/css-loader/dist/cjs.js!../…/…/…/…/…/…/My Book/Galaxy/galaxy/config/plugins/visualizations/hyphyvision/node_modules/phylotree/build/phylotree.css:
Entrypoint mini-css-extract-plugin = *
2 modules
Installing Dependencies for /Volumes/My Book/Galaxy/galaxy/config/plugins/visualizations/openlayers/
info No lockfile found.
warning babel-preset-env > babel-plugin-check-es2015-constants > babel-runtime > core-js@2.6.11: core-js@<3 is no longer maintained and not recommended for usage due to the number of issues. Please, upgrade your dependencies to the actual version of core-js@3.
warning parcel-bundler > core-js@2.6.11: core-js@<3 is no longer maintained and not recommended for usage due to the number of issues. Please, upgrade your dependencies to the actual version of core-js@3.
warning parcel-bundler > mkdirp@0.5.4: Legacy versions of mkdirp are no longer supported. Please update to mkdirp 1.x. (Note that the API surface has changed to use Promises in 1.x.)
warning parcel-bundler > @parcel/fs > mkdirp@0.5.4: Legacy versions of mkdirp are no longer supported. Please update to mkdirp 1.x. (Note that the API surface has changed to use Promises in 1.x.)
warning parcel-bundler > htmlnano > svgo > mkdirp@0.5.4: Legacy versions of mkdirp are no longer supported. Please update to mkdirp 1.x. (Note that the API surface has changed to use Promises in 1.x.)
warning parcel-bundler > htmlnano > uncss > request@2.88.2: request has been deprecated, see https://github.com/request/request/issues/3142
warning parcel-bundler > htmlnano > uncss > jsdom > request@2.88.2: request has been deprecated, see https://github.com/request/request/issues/3142
warning parcel-bundler > @parcel/watcher > chokidar > fsevents > node-pre-gyp > mkdirp@0.5.4: Legacy versions of mkdirp are no longer supported. Please update to mkdirp 1.x. (Note that the API surface has changed to use Promises in 1.x.)
warning parcel-bundler > micromatch > snapdragon > source-map-resolve > resolve-url@0.2.1: https://github.com/lydell/resolve-url#deprecated
warning parcel-bundler > micromatch > snapdragon > source-map-resolve > urix@0.1.0: Please see https://github.com/lydell/urix#deprecated
warning parcel-bundler > @parcel/watcher > chokidar > fsevents > node-pre-gyp > tar > mkdirp@0.5.4: Legacy versions of mkdirp are no longer supported. Please update to mkdirp 1.x. (Note that the API surface has changed to use Promises in 1.x.)
success Saved lockfile.
Building /Volumes/My Book/Galaxy/galaxy/config/plugins/visualizations/openlayers/
$ parcel build src/script.js -d static --no-source-maps
npm WARN deprecated babel-preset-es2015@6.24.1: :raised_hands: Thanks for using Babel: we recommend using babel-preset-env now: please read https://babeljs.io/env to updat✨ Built in 162.58s.

static/script.js :warning: 1.25 MB 158.39s
[14:37:20] Finished ‘fonts’ after 32 min
[14:37:38] Finished ‘stagePlugins’ after 33 min
[14:37:38] Finished ‘default’ after 33 min
$ GXY_BUILD_SOURCEMAPS=1 webpack -p
Browserslist: caniuse-lite is outdated. Please run next command yarn upgrade caniuse-lite browserslist
Browserslist: caniuse-lite is outdated. Please run next command yarn upgrade
Browserslist: caniuse-lite is outdated. Please run next command yarn upgrade
[BABEL] Note: The code generator has deoptimised the styling of /Volumes/My Book/Galaxy/galaxy/client/node_modules/handsontable/dist/handsontable.js as it exceeds the max of 500KB.
Hash: 0cabcf3cda4b1e2c46cc
Version: webpack 4.29.6
Time: 203671ms
Built at: 04/01/2020 2:41:33 PM
Asset Size Chunks Chunk Names
admin.bundled.js 1.35 MiB 2 [emitted] [big] admin
admin.bundled.js.map 4.52 MiB 2 [emitted] admin
analysis.bundled.js 1.44 MiB 3 [emitted] [big] analysis
analysis.bundled.js.map 4.75 MiB 3 [emitted] analysis
assets/065988da56cecfb3b0656bff85f5aca8.png 488 bytes [emitted]
assets/09387d05e6ddc1ef8f075125a2381afb.png 378 bytes [emitted]
assets/17a69f29b21e2aa9b8a7a0fdb3ff81d1.png 1.03 KiB [emitted]
assets/19c1b34012559d0591b070a08039fd87.png 1.1 KiB [emitted]
assets/1f075735090412ed7eb8077d819b19c6.png 1.84 KiB [emitted]
assets/23029e3456c59e9d6bcecc5aa4bd5b43.png 1.31 KiB [emitted]
assets/27664fc7eebd4eee0ab33ac5dfadbcb9.png 1.17 KiB [emitted]
assets/27aade6683b945167764ab7574aaa3a8.png 566 bytes [emitted]
assets/28ebb58fc523bca914caec25e480350a.png 532 bytes [emitted]
assets/2ca61b76e22053571dd8611e5aac4900.png 613 bytes [emitted]
assets/2d4616fb4c853c612b921c060a8816b7.png 596 bytes [emitted]
assets/2e2754da2967e360bba3a1bd8eeb4ace.png 689 bytes [emitted]
assets/2f14cb3a743ea736c1929642c5598c9e.png 721 bytes [emitted]
assets/3b7a845229f4041f5d8a18399f4c7357.gif 815 bytes [emitted]
assets/3b826fc6b1952a6124edd1ff72b8570b.png 613 bytes [emitted]
assets/418d5485d914e6236f8666d69ab3cd6e.png 722 bytes [emitted]
assets/43e1045b71da619b1d7e53fb3217be93.gif 752 bytes [emitted]
assets/46bd59d0472597ded9f5a15dc3f573ce.gif 867 bytes [emitted]
assets/49e3f006018662f60f1db2aec0b2cca9.png 845 bytes [emitted]
assets/4bee8922fea44f857d65744f7052c36f.png 1.32 KiB [emitted]
assets/4d286d58f72d47ed5dfcb74b7c6f7b41.png 516 bytes [emitted]
assets/4e1e4881535880c858540c03e97afd69.png 331 bytes [emitted]
assets/4eae101f8d2e9470fc8912125fd5fa26.png 403 bytes [emitted]
assets/5648b8df09221214723d59eb54fbaaa2.png 682 bytes [emitted]
assets/61a4250152fabad0a6a9cd83d40df651.png 1.26 KiB [emitted]
assets/63912368b751c160129e6c42b8824821.png 1.21 KiB [emitted]
assets/674f50d287a8c48dc19ba404d20fe713.eot 162 KiB [emitted]
assets/67ebb9f28d2604faa6acfa8fa1157e41.gif 4.36 KiB [emitted]
assets/68f6ead9b879fa12c09aa5ea225584f0.png 87 bytes [emitted]
assets/6d1eda748d2e466db16d38bf9e7583c3.png 103 bytes [emitted]
assets/6ea6da3e8d696b686043bd111f84c8f5.png 624 bytes [emitted]
assets/70d1aacb47c9039b487dc012cd1a88e5.gif 836 bytes [emitted]
assets/79bf2c5b0236eda94ba8b67b8bf2a35f.png 736 bytes [emitted]
assets/79ee7f3ae726dc325c2507bb4fd2920b.png 130 bytes [emitted]
assets/7b93116a225b6113d2ae55932862340f.png 1.39 KiB [emitted]
assets/7b9776076d5fceef4993b55c9383dedd.gif 1.81 KiB [emitted]
assets/8c7b4ca75bd836682f1a585503237f63.png 119 bytes [emitted]
assets/8dc260a6da267c5e8f9899dc93c1ef02.png 1.36 KiB [emitted]
assets/90221f73d1320fd0d2d45734df212fe2.png 1.24 KiB [emitted]
assets/912ec66d7572ff821749319396470bde.svg 434 KiB [emitted] [big]
assets/9a63495bf1449dfa480feb44e93068fe.png 520 bytes [emitted]
assets/9ed4669f524bec38319be63a2ee4ba26.gif 1.68 KiB [emitted]
assets/9f6745862ec59fbb7996b08372557212.png 721 bytes [emitted]
assets/a0e8a19a97f92a19079f88923b0dd226.png 1.13 KiB [emitted]
assets/a50b48a558d13ae2d72c691697330efc.svg 785 bytes [emitted]
assets/a51c5608d01acf32df728f299767f82b.gif 3.13 KiB [emitted]
assets/a5dc8319bff018855ee0441e4a3b54b9.png 343 bytes [emitted]
assets/a8404382a2467b54bb973b9565a2567d.png 522 bytes [emitted]
assets/ad3ca81465da6334b9573b197f2e08f4.png 448 bytes [emitted]
assets/af7ae505a9eed503f8b8e6982036873e.woff2 75.4 KiB [emitted]
assets/b06871f281fee6b241d60582ae9369b9.ttf 162 KiB [emitted]
assets/c20270c7806ef19bd902cb5143d55e1c.png 849 bytes [emitted]
assets/c5081b04fc1f75da3d815725ebd61c8d.png 1.24 KiB [emitted]
assets/c57d26e66ee81c9750a35266329fb15a.png 657 bytes [emitted]
assets/ca50d4c073ace660f0c2a812bf269c7a.png 1.54 KiB [emitted]
assets/ca817b7e7903ed90baf47c7ad75e280a.png 594 bytes [emitted]
assets/cc158654dad038e5648aea8a49078cfa.png 1.02 KiB [emitted]
assets/cdb2e2d5f9a8663335cf047791970f9f.png 1.24 KiB [emitted]
assets/cf784a27568fb2349c19b2b94c2752e2.png 826 bytes [emitted]
assets/cfce5a66786eb61eb171449e06db22b9.png 447 bytes [emitted]
assets/d728100efa2c410296dd74e37364b25e.png 575 bytes [emitted]
assets/db49c8de4f267eede40a9a8843efcdec.png 3.05 KiB [emitted]
assets/dea1324aada21c5fc2f20e95f9fd075f.png 22.6 KiB [emitted]
assets/e33cb5c3aef19ce1d7b34e269ac0dc64.png 1.27 KiB [emitted]
assets/e417938def579af5c4d237a1cc340445.png 416 bytes [emitted]
assets/e75095752dde848823757312f127ebcd.png 454 bytes [emitted]
assets/ec107d97171bb75a32bba466ec1f6df4.png 758 bytes [emitted]
assets/ece5a3abe6e80a27c06da70414c94e42.png 689 bytes [emitted]
assets/eee1cc051bd3c37b21fa1836df3dbfcb.png 770 bytes [emitted]
assets/ef571a1808168de9278d5f1a326156a1.png 664 bytes [emitted]
assets/fee66e712a8a08eef5805a46892932ad.woff 95.7 KiB [emitted]
base.chunk.js 100 bytes 0 [emitted] base
base.chunk.js.map 90 bytes 0 [emitted] base
base.css 523 KiB 0 [emitted] [big] base
base.css.map 1.59 MiB [emitted]
generic.bundled.js 1020 KiB 4 [emitted] [big] generic
generic.bundled.js.map 3.31 MiB 4 [emitted] generic
libs.chunk.js 1.97 MiB 1 [emitted] [big] libs
libs.chunk.js.map 7.56 MiB 1 [emitted] libs
login.bundled.js 1.01 MiB 5 [emitted] [big] login
login.bundled.js.map 3.37 MiB 5 [emitted] login
ruleCollectionBuilder.chunk.js 68.2 KiB 6 [emitted] ruleCollectionBuilder
ruleCollectionBuilder.chunk.js.map 215 KiB 6 [emitted] ruleCollectionBuilder
vendors~ruleCollectionBuilder.chunk.js 1.03 MiB 7 [emitted] [big] vendors~ruleCollectionBuilder
vendors~ruleCollectionBuilder.chunk.js.map 3.36 MiB 7 [emitted] vendors~ruleCollectionBuilder
Entrypoint login [big] = base.css base.chunk.js base.chunk.js.map libs.chunk.js libs.chunk.js.map login.bundled.js login.bundled.js.map
Entrypoint analysis [big] = base.css base.chunk.js base.chunk.js.map libs.chunk.js libs.chunk.js.map analysis.bundled.js analysis.bundled.js.map
Entrypoint admin [big] = base.css base.chunk.js base.chunk.js.map libs.chunk.js libs.chunk.js.map admin.bundled.js admin.bundled.js.map
Entrypoint generic [big] = base.css base.chunk.js base.chunk.js.map libs.chunk.js libs.chunk.js.map generic.bundled.js generic.bundled.js.map
[7] ./galaxy/scripts/utils/utils.js 10.4 KiB {2} {3} {4} {5} [built]
[40] ./galaxy/scripts/onload/index.js + 13 modules 15.5 KiB {2} {3} {4} {5} [built]
| ./galaxy/scripts/onload/index.js 728 bytes [built]
| ./galaxy/scripts/onload/standardInit.js 3.3 KiB [built]
| ./galaxy/config/production.js 48 bytes [built]
| ./galaxy/scripts/onload/defaultAppFactory.js 679 bytes [built]
| ./galaxy/scripts/onload/globalInits/index.js 1.22 KiB [built]
| ./galaxy/scripts/utils/installMonitor.js 4.54 KiB [built]
| ./galaxy/scripts/onload/globalInits/initSentry.js 617 bytes [built]
| ./galaxy/scripts/onload/globalInits/initTooltips.js 494 bytes [built]
| ./galaxy/scripts/onload/globalInits/iframesAreTerrible.js 1.11 KiB [built]
| ./galaxy/scripts/onload/globalInits/onloadWebhooks.js 497 bytes [built]
| ./galaxy/scripts/onload/globalInits/replace_big_select_inputs.js 1.57 KiB [built]
| ./galaxy/scripts/onload/globalInits/initTours.js 182 bytes [built]
| ./galaxy/scripts/onload/globalInits/initModals.js 225 bytes [built]
| ./galaxy/scripts/utils/mock.js 348 bytes [built]
[94] (webpack)/buildin/global.js 472 bytes {1} [built]
[192] ./galaxy/scripts/layout/page.js 6.75 KiB {2} {3} {5} [built]
[205] ./galaxy/scripts/polyfills.js 2.95 KiB {2} {3} {4} {5} [built]
[216] ./galaxy/scripts/bundleEntries.js-exposed 75 bytes {2} {3} {4} {5} [built]
[232] ./galaxy/scripts/bundleEntries.js + 92 modules 693 KiB {2} {3} {4} {5} [built]
| ./galaxy/scripts/bundleEntries.js 3.99 KiB [built]
| ./galaxy/scripts/viz/circster.js 35.9 KiB [built]
| ./galaxy/scripts/layout/modal.js 3.97 KiB [built]
| ./galaxy/scripts/viz/phyloviz.js 30.5 KiB [built]
| ./galaxy/scripts/viz/sweepster.js 29.4 KiB [built]
| ./galaxy/scripts/ui/toast.js 216 bytes [built]
| ./galaxy/scripts/galaxy.library.js 9.37 KiB [built]
| ./galaxy/scripts/galaxy.pages.js 1010 bytes [built]
| ./galaxy/scripts/mvc/history/multi-panel.js 41.2 KiB [built]
| ./galaxy/scripts/mvc/history/history-view-annotated.js 3.85 KiB [built]
| ./galaxy/scripts/legacy/grid/grid-view.js 20.2 KiB [built]
| ./galaxy/scripts/reports/run_stats.js 16.2 KiB [built]
| ./galaxy/scripts/toolshed/toolshed.groups.js 1.14 KiB [built]
| ./galaxy/scripts/galaxy.interactive_environments.js 9.07 KiB [built]
| ./galaxy/scripts/mvc/visualization/chart/chart-client.js 1.94 KiB [built]
| + 78 hidden modules
[533] multi polyfills bundleEntries entry/login 52 bytes {5} [built]
[855] multi polyfills bundleEntries entry/analysis 52 bytes {3} [built]
[866] multi polyfills bundleEntries entry/admin 52 bytes {2} [built]
[873] multi polyfills bundleEntries entry/generic 52 bytes {4} [built]
[874] ./galaxy/scripts/entry/generic.js 122 bytes {4} [built]
[936] ./galaxy/scripts/entry/admin/index.js + 248 modules 254 KiB {2} [built]
| ./galaxy/scripts/entry/admin/index.js 692 bytes [built]
| ./galaxy/scripts/entry/admin/AdminRouter.js 8.04 KiB [built]
| ./galaxy/scripts/entry/panels/admin-panel.js 4.73 KiB [built]
| + 246 hidden modules
[937] ./galaxy/scripts/entry/analysis/index.js + 188 modules 407 KiB {3} [built]
| ./galaxy/scripts/entry/analysis/index.js 855 bytes [built]
| ./galaxy/scripts/entry/analysis/AnalysisRouter.js 15 KiB [built]
| ./galaxy/scripts/entry/panels/tool-panel.js 7.84 KiB [built]
| ./galaxy/scripts/entry/panels/history-panel.js 3.64 KiB [built]
| ./galaxy/scripts/mvc/tool/tool-form.js 17 KiB [built]
| ./galaxy/scripts/mvc/entrypoints/view.js 1.04 KiB [built]
| ./galaxy/scripts/mvc/grid/grid-shared.js 2.2 KiB [built]
| ./galaxy/scripts/mvc/history/history-list.js 4.26 KiB [built]
| ./galaxy/scripts/mvc/tool/tool-form-composite.js 26.8 KiB [built]
| ./galaxy/scripts/mvc/dataset/dataset-error.js 9.44 KiB [built]
| ./galaxy/scripts/mvc/dataset/dataset-edit-attributes.js 6.44 KiB [built]
| ./galaxy/scripts/mvc/upload/upload-view.js 6.04 KiB [built]
| ./galaxy/scripts/mvc/history/options-menu.js 5.95 KiB [built]
| ./galaxy/scripts/mvc/history/history-view-edit-current.js 18.5 KiB [built]
| ./galaxy/scripts/mvc/entrypoints/poll.js 820 bytes [built]
| + 174 hidden modules
[938] ./galaxy/scripts/entry/login/index.js + 15 modules 14.6 KiB {5} [built]
| ./galaxy/scripts/entry/login/index.js 1.07 KiB [built]
| + 15 hidden modules
+ 1233 hidden modules

WARNING in moment
Multiple versions of moment found:
2.20.1 ./~/moment
2.22.2 ./~/pikaday/~/moment

WARNING in popper.js
Multiple versions of popper.js found:
1.14.7 ./~/popper.js
1.15.0 ./~/bootstrap-vue/~/popper.js

Check how you can resolve duplicate packages:

WARNING in asset size limit: The following asset(s) exceed the recommended size limit (244 KiB).
This can impact web performance.
Assets:
assets/912ec66d7572ff821749319396470bde.svg (434 KiB)
base.css (523 KiB)
libs.chunk.js (1.97 MiB)
admin.bundled.js (1.35 MiB)
analysis.bundled.js (1.44 MiB)
generic.bundled.js (1020 KiB)
login.bundled.js (1.01 MiB)
vendors~ruleCollectionBuilder.chunk.js (1.03 MiB)

WARNING in entrypoint size limit: The following entrypoint(s) combined asset size exceeds the recommended limit (244 KiB). This can impact web performance.
Entrypoints:
login (3.49 MiB)
base.css
base.chunk.js
libs.chunk.js
login.bundled.js
analysis (3.92 MiB)
base.css
base.chunk.js
libs.chunk.js
analysis.bundled.js
admin (3.83 MiB)
base.css
base.chunk.js
libs.chunk.js
admin.bundled.js
generic (3.47 MiB)
base.css
base.chunk.js
libs.chunk.js
generic.bundled.js

/Volumes/My Book/Galaxy/galaxy
galaxy.tool_util.deps WARNING 2020-04-01 14:42:04,343 Path ‘database/dependencies’ does not exist, ignoring
galaxy.tool_util.deps WARNING 2020-04-01 14:42:04,343 Path ‘database/dependencies’ is not directory, ignoring
galaxy.tool_util.deps.conda_util INFO 2020-04-01 14:42:04,480 Installing conda, this may take several minutes.
% Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
100 44.0M 100 44.0M 0 0 258k 0 0:02:54 0:02:54 --:–:-- 282k
ERROR: did not recognize option ‘Book/Galaxy/galaxy/database/dependencies/_conda’, please try -h
galaxy.tool_util.deps.installable WARNING 2020-04-01 14:44:58,988 Conda installation requested and failed.
galaxy.tool_util.deps.conda_util INFO 2020-04-01 14:44:58,989 Installing conda, this may take several minutes.
100 44.0M 100 44.0M 0 0 279k 0 0:02:41 0:02:41 --:–:-- 283k
galaxy.tool_util.deps.installable WARNING 2020-04-01 14:47:40,314 Conda installation requested and failed.

I am eventually given a http link but I am assuming the tool still won’t work because the tools require Conda and Conda has not installed.

If I do this…
" only the following lines to:
conda_auto_install: true
conda_auto_init: true"

I still get:
galaxy.tool_util.deps.conda_util INFO 2020-04-02 12:08:27,618 Installing conda, this may take several minutes.
100 44.0M 100 44.0M 0 0 278k 0 0:02:41 0:02:41 --:–:-- 284k
galaxy.tool_util.deps.installable WARNING 2020-04-02 12:11:09,670 Conda installation requested and failed.

How do I go about doing this….“You could also install conda outside galaxy and tell galaxy where to find conda. But this can cause some permission/rights issues. Those issues are not hard to solve but you need some “commandline” experience.”

would it be possible to install Conda where galaxy expects it to be i.e database/dependencies

thank you,

Ah! I think you have problems because of the space in your path.

Look at the error:
did not recognize option ‘Book/Galaxy/galaxy/database/dependencies/_conda
And look at the path that it should be:
/Volumes/My Book/Galaxy/galaxy/database/dependencies/_conda

Try to change /Volumes/My Book to something like /Volumes/My_Book. Besides your problem now you should not have spaces in folder or file names. Good luck and let us know if this solved it.

2 Likes

Hi @gbbio

I have edited my book to my_book, deleted and re-cloned galaxy and re-installed it and it has worked! Conda has installed.

Thank you!!

2 Likes