Database generated from CAT prepare exceed the account quota

I’m using CAT bins for genome taxonomy annotation, and I wish to update the database by CAT prepare. However, after four days’ running, the database generated from CAT prepare reached a size of 350 GB, which exceeded my account quota, 250 GB, and the tools were automatically locked for excution.

I’m wondering is there any other way that I could update the CAT database? Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @Yuqing_Yan,
I have informed the sys admin about that.

Regards

1 Like

Hi @Yuqing_Yan,
the database has been updated. Let us know if it works.

Regards

1 Like

Thank you for your help! I’ll start a new job to test.

Bests

1 Like

Hi Gallardoalba,

FYI, the job I submitted with the newly updated database failed for below error:

`diamond v0.9.29.130 | by Benjamin Buchfink buchfink@gmail.com
Licensed under the GNU GPL https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt
Check GitHub - bbuchfink/diamond: Accelerated BLAST compatible local sequence aligner. for updates.

[2022-01-17 18:01:26.016677] ERROR: file fastaid2LCAtaxid is not found in database folder.
[2022-01-17 18:01:26.020674] ERROR: file taxids_with_multiple_offspring not found in database folder.`

I think this database is not working.

Bests

1 Like

Please, try again.

Thanks for your help.
I tried it with both single bin mode and multiple bin mode. It ran well with the single bin mode, but it seemed still problematic with the multiple bin mode when I input several bins which could be annotated well before.

The error was as following:
ln: failed to create symbolic link 'inputs/dataset_c71ffc95-0b76-4839-a852-215c77dbbf33.dat': File exists

Bests