FTP clients cannot connect to usegalaxy.org -- Temporary issue now resolved. Related to scheduled server maintenance on 3/3/21

Hi,

I’ve been using Filezilla for FTP transfers to the Main and I tried today and no matter what configuration of ports, account information, etc. I attempted, I could not connect to the server. I know that galaxy refuse SFTP requests so it wasn’t surprising that this didn’t work, but I also tried modifying Filezilla’s network configuration and that didn’t work either. I tried Cyberduck and I tried reinstalling the client and neither worked. I’m on MacOS 11.2.2 and my firewalls are turned off. I just updated to 11.2.2 a couple days ago and am wondering if this might have something to do with this issue. Regardless, I tried everything I could find online to fix the problem and came up empty handed, so I figured I’d bring this up here. Any help is appreciated.

Nick

1 Like

Worth noting that I also just tried to FTP in Terminal and the connection was refused there as well.

1 Like

I’m having the same issue. Any sugestion?

1 Like

A Galaxy team member restore the FTP connection after a system scheduled maintenance. Now is working.

1 Like