How to 'force=TRUE' in Human Methylation BeadChip module

Hello everybody,

I am very new to Galaxy and hope for help with a - most likely - very trivial problem. I am trying to run the Infinium Human Methylation BeadChip module according to the respective Tutorial but using my own data. Unfortunately, I now encountered the error:

“(…)
Error in read.metharray(list.files(pattern = “_Red.idat”)) :
[read.metharray] Trying to parse IDAT files with different array size but seemingly all of the same type.
You can force this by ‘force=TRUE’, see the man page ?read.metharray
Execution halted”

According to what I found in the Bioconductor forum, this seems to happen quite regularly with EPIC data and it should be okay to try the ‘force=TRUE’. But, unfortunately, I do not know how to adjust this setting using Galaxy.

Any advice would be very welcome!

Many thanks in advance and best wishes,
Lea

Hi @ljflitsch,
I opened a PR in order to include this option in the Galaxy wrapper.

Regards

Hey,
@gallardoalba: Thank you very much for your help and effort. Since I am really new to this topic: Is there any way to get notified once this option becomes actually usable in Galaxy as an ‘end user’? E.g. anything/anywhere I can ‘follow’ to receive updates on this matter (perhaps via registering at GitHub)? Sorry for any inconveniences and best regards!

Yes, if you leave a comment in the PR, it will notify the news related to it.

Regards

Will do so. Thank you very much.

Are there perhaps any news on this topic? It has been a while since this help request and the corresponding PR has been initiated. Unfortunately though, I’m still encountering the same error message I’ve also had back then. Thus, I am now wondering whether the error might originally have had a different source or whether the ‘force=TRUE’ option was not yet included in the Galaxy wrapper (at least I could not spot a new setting bar for this). Many thanks!

Hi @ljflitsch,
sorry, I didn’t get any response from the tool developers; I tried again to ask them to review the Pull Request. If in the next few days there’re no news, I’ll try to find a different solution.

Regards