Issue with Cloudlaunch can't launch Galaxy on AWS

Trying to launch a Galaxy instance (Genomics Virtual Lab) on Amazon Web Services using Cloudlaunch. I set up an AWS account but was having repeated issues with launching so I created an entirely new AWS account and an new gmail. However when I log in to Cloudlaunch with the new AWS account and new gmail it reverts to the old Cloudlaunch user and I can’t delete that user. Also, on that old user I can’t save credentials which I think was the issue the first time…Tried emailing help@cloudlaunch.org to see if Cloudlaunch users could be reset but my emails are bouncing, have tried twice over past two days …any ideas on how to purge old Cloudlaunch users? Thanks!!!

1 Like

The reason you’re being logged in to CloudLaunch as your initial gmail user is likely because that’s what’s in your browser session. Have you tried logging in from a private/incognito window to make sure you have a clean session?

However, it should not be necessary to create/use a new gmail account. You can see all your AWS credentials under the user profile on CloudLaunch and delete any existing credentials before adding a working pair of credentials. Then, what were the issues launching the GVL when you tried?

1 Like