RESOLVED Job queue at UseGalaxy.org 9-27-2021: Follow linked post for updates

Hi,
The tools on Galaxy have stopped working for me. Simple processes that usually take a few minutes have not been running for the last two days. When submit task the clock on the process never starts, I tried logging off/back in, shutdown/restart computer, made a new history or tried rerunning processes in earlier libraries that ran fine two days ago. Can still import data but that’s all.
Any suggestions? Thanks

1 Like

I’m having the same problem the past 2 days. Specifically, Bowtie2 and BWA runs sitting without starting for almost 24 h, but not failing. I tried a few other tools that are running OK, though, for example, EMBOSS getorf and Samtools fastx. For importing data, Download and Extract Reads in BAM and Download and Extract Reads in FASTA/Q are working OK, but Faster Download and Extract Reads in FASTA/Q is sitting without starting just like Bowtie2 and BWA.

1 Like

I’m having the same problem. FASTQ files were uploaded, and successfully ran through FASTQ groomer and Trim Galore, but would not load into RNA star. They have been sitting for 2 days, without an error message. I tried to run some them with Hisat2, but that has also not loaded.

I ran other files through the same sequence on other files earlier this week without problems.

Thanks

1 Like

I’m in a similar situation, I ran FastQC with no problem but when using CutAdapt on the same fastqsanger.gz files, the jobs never start. Tried again multiple times over the last 3 days and the jobs are still grey.

1 Like

Same issue here. FastQC seems to eventually run, but not bowtie2

1 Like

@imperialadmiral121 @jlocker @julsies @julsies @Rozzie @HMcBain

All – the cluster that executes compute-intensive tools is very busy. Please follow this post for updates: Long queue times at UseGalaxy.org 9/27/2021: Please allow jobs to stay queued for fastest processing

Thank you for reporting the issue!