URL upload problem

Trying to resolve an error with URL upload. The details: I have two files containing paired end reads parked in a Box folder in both compressed (fastq.gz, about 5-6 Gb in size) and uncompressed (.fastq, about 15.5 Gb). Box can generate a URL to these files which requires no password or login to access. When I copy these into the file upload form (using the Paste/Fetch option), the links are recognized, and the request is processed. BUT, I then get an error message “The uploaded file contains invalid HTML content” and the upload fails.
Any suggestions to fix this?
Many thanks.

Hi. I’m having the same problem. Were you able to fix it?
Thanks

1 Like

Hi @PRC and @JessicaIsp

I’m not super familiar with the Box application, but out of curiosity I checked their support forum to see if accessing a raw file by URL was possible or not plus how-to. The only relevant question I found was unanswered :confused: but that question asker was on the right track.

To transfer files by URL into Galaxy the data needs to be just the raw, actual file and accessibility must be “public”. That means no metadata – just the file contents in plain text. The metadata is what is being detected as “HTML” by Galaxy.

If your Box account is administered through a job or school, you could ask the admins that run the service about this. There might be permissions that could be adjusted. You could also search more where I found the Q&A above, and their other support docs, perhaps I missed something obvious!