annotate my IDs server problem --- UseGalaxy.eu server issue -- RESOLVED

Dear all,
the function annotate my IDs failed because of a server problem with following message:

ob submission failed

The server could not complete the request. Please contact the Galaxy Team if this error persists. Uncaught exception in exposed API method

Can anyone help me please?

Thanks in advance

1 Like

HI @Bernhard

First, try another rerun (the EU will do one rerun automatically). This could be a simple transitory server-side fail. There is another post (different tool) that seems related. See below.

There could also be an input problem. There is much discussion at this forum about the tool. I added a tag to your post that will find most of it.

Shortlist of checks – details for these and more in other topics:

1. Are the inputs green datasets that actually contain content?
  2. Does the ID type/format match the parameter settings?

If all seems ok, please post back a 1) screenshot of the tool form (rerun icon will bring up the original run), the 2) expanded input dataset in the history panel, and a 3) sample of data (top of the file is best – click on the eye icon).

Let’s start there, thanks!

Ping EU admins @gallardoalba @bjoern.gruening @wm75 (also see: The server could not complete the request. Please contact the Galaxy Team if this error persists. Uncaught exception in exposed API method)

@jennaj , I can’t reach the usegalaxy.eu, and https://status.galaxyproject.org reports outage in europe server. Would that be the problem?

We’ve been having issues with job submission on usegalaxy.eu for several hours.
Hopefully, things are back to normal now.

2 Likes