cvmfs singularity.galaxyproject.org not working

hi,

i got problem accessing galaxy singularity repository

ls: cannot access ‘/cvmfs/singularity.galaxyproject.org/’: No such file or directory

i can see some http/404 errors in the communication. is the repository still accessible?

thanks
jan

1 Like

After numerous hardware failures we are in the process of relocating the repo to a different stratum 0 server. Unfortunately in the meantime you may have issues accessing it.

Can you check your client configuration? Currently the singularity repo is only mirrored to two stratum 1 servers: cvmfs1-psu0.galaxyproject.org and cvmfs1-ufr0.galaxyproject.eu

1 Like

hi,

is there any progress in the repo relocation process? is it already safe to reconfigure clients back? if it is not already done, can i watch the status somewhere?

thanks
jan

1 Like

Unfortunately the relocation is ongoing but still incomplete. It has been a much slower process than expected. That said, we could start replicating what’s complete to Stratum 1 servers. I’ll try to start that process ASAP.

1 Like

The repo should now be available for mounting. As of now, the only full copy is on the cvmfs1-psu0.galaxyproject.org CVMFS server. We are also transitioning CVMFS signing keys, you will need the following key (place in /etc/cvmfs/keys/galaxyproject.org/galaxyproject.org.pub) if you do not use the cvmfs-config.galaxyproject.org config repo:

-----BEGIN PUBLIC KEY-----
MIIBIjANBgkqhkiG9w0BAQEFAAOCAQ8AMIIBCgKCAQEAuJZTWTY3/dBfspFKifv8
TWuuT2Zzoo1cAskKpKu5gsUAyDFbZfYBEy91qbLPC3TuUm2zdPNsjCQbbq1Liufk
uNPZJ8Ubn5PR6kndwrdD13NVHZpXVml1+ooTSF5CL3x/KUkYiyRz94sAr9trVoSx
THW2buV7ADUYivX7ofCvBu5T6YngbPZNIxDB4mh7cEal/UDtxV683A/5RL4wIYvt
S5SVemmu6Yb8GkGwLGmMVLYXutuaHdMFyKzWm+qFlG5JRz4okUWERvtJ2QAJPOzL
mAG1ceyBFowj/r3iJTa+Jcif2uAmZxg+cHkZG5KzATykF82UH1ojUzREMMDcPJi2
dQIDAQAB
-----END PUBLIC KEY-----

This will be done for you if you configure your CVMFS clients using the latest version (0.2.11) of the galaxyproject.cvmfs Ansible role.

1 Like