The January 2019 Galactic News is here! This is a summary of what is going on in the Galaxy community. Here’s what’s happening:
- 2019 Galaxy Admin Training: Registration is still open!
- Training topic nomination for GCC2019 Training extended through 15 January!
- Galaxy will be at the 2019 Plant and Animal Genome (PAG) conference
- Galaxy needs your Google Summer of Code Project suggestions
- And GalaxyAdmins needs your topic suggestions
- 80 new publications, including several spectacular ones
- Some most excellent Galaxy Platform News, including the EGI Marketplace .
- The Contributor of the Month is … Simon Gladman!
- 17 Open positions in 6 countries on 3 continents.
- Doc, Hub, and Training Updates covering RNA-Seq visualizations, BlockClust, cloud storage, cancer proteogenomics, and some introductory videos
- ToolShed contributions
- Tripal Galaxy - connect Galaxy to your online database
- BioBlend - a Python API for Galaxy and CloudMan
- Planemo - utilities for building tools for Galaxy
- And a bunch of other news too