Permanently remove (purged) histories from list of histories for better overview

Hi All,

I’ve been working and exploring Galaxy quite intensely this last year, and many histories are of no added value because they are mainly small attempts to find out the possibilities of the Galaxy platform . They do, however, obscure those histories that contain interesting workflows and that I like to have a look at every now and then. Is it possible to completely remove these obsolete histories (they are purged and do not take up any memory) from my account/the server?

1 Like

If they are already purged you should not see them anymore, isn’t that the case?

Dear Bjoern,

Thanks for your reaction. Indeed that’s the case. However, if I want to have a look at histories that are of interest but which I also purged due to lack of memory space to run new a new history, I select include deleted histories in the search bar. Then all deleted and purged histories are shown of which quite a number are obsolete and obscure the purged histories that I’d like to have another look at.

Kind regards,

Henk

image001.jpg

I see. We can not remove these histories. We keep all of them for reproducibility reasons. Can you maybe tag your histories and search/sort for tags to get rid of your junk histories?

1 Like

Sure I can do that. Thanks for your suggestions and help

image001.jpg

Hi Bjoern,

I tagged all obsolete histories with the tag #remove. I hope it is possible to remove them from my list of histories

Henk

image001.jpg

Hi @Henk,
if you have many histories, my recommendation is not to use the “Multiple histories” side-by-side view.
A more responsive and flexible way is to go to UserHistories from the top-level menu.
In the less fancy view there you can go to Advanced search and select deleted as the history status to filter on. This will still display deleted and purged histories together, but you can sort on the Status column.
Hope that helps?
Wolfgang

Hi Wolfgang,

Thanks for your help. This already is quite an improvement, although I would still prefer removing them from the server entirely. Let’s see if that’s also possible.

Henk

image001.jpg