Run Galaxy Locally on older iMac

Thanks to everyone!!! I did attend that webinar and it was very useful. I have 8 GB of RAM and an external drive so I think I’ll give it a try and see what happens. If I have problem I’ll move on quickly knowing now what the issues may be. Thanks again!

| jennaj
December 16 |

• | - |

Hi @WHBIO

A “Use Galaxy” choices overview was the focus of a very recent webinar. Perhaps it will help to make a decision about the best-fit Galaxy choice for you, plus others reading this topic later on. There are many ways to use Galaxy – the webinar was specifically about explaining/comparing the choices along with use-case examples. :milky_way:

• Galaxy Webinar Announcement here at Galaxy Help:

Dec 9 Webinar: Use Galaxy on the web, the cloud, and your laptop too

This Galaxy webinar will introduce the many options for using Galaxy right now, anywhere in the world. We’ll cover Publicly accessible Galaxy servers on the web (there are over 100 of them) Research and commercial cloud platforms, from Australia (Nectar) to the US (Jetstream, AnVIL), and everywhere in between (CloudLaunch) On your laptop, using pre-packaged containers and virtual machines. The webinar will be at 11am Eastern US time (see your time). Enis Afgan, Anton Nekrutenko, and Mike Scha…

• This Event’s Details: linked in the announcement above and here is the direct link. Includes slides and the recording.

galaxyproject.org

Webinar: Use Galaxy on the web, the cloud, and your laptop too

1 Like