To implement a one-click test in Galaxy.

Hi all,

We had a tool in Galaxy at https://usegalaxy.eu/root?tool_id=moabs. We want to implement a one-click test using small data so that users can quickly understand how to use the interface. There are two difficulties in implementing the one-click test.

1. How to store small test data so that every new user can access it?
  2. How to configure program settings automatically for the test data? so that the test data is automatically uploaded, and other parameters are pre-configured.

Please help suggest any possible solution to a one-click test. Thank you.

Best regards,
Jin

1 Like

Can you elaborate what you mean by a “one-click test”? What is being tested? What is the single click supposed to accomplish?

I also don’t fully understand your question but maybe I can give some inspiration.

First of all, I think if the user does not upload or import a file him/herself it is not a good lesson to understand the interface. For tutorials/manuals I mostly add the test data to a data library.

How to store small test data so that every new user can access it?

You can add the files to a data library

How to configure program settings automatically for the test data? so that the test data is automatically uploaded, and other parameters are pre-configured.

If you really want a one-click thing you can create a selection option in the wrapper with the options “test” and “manual” or something. If “manual” is chosen you can use a macro with all the parameters. If the user choose “test” no parameters will be shown and the user can only click on execute.
In the command section you need to create a if else construction. Something like this:

<command>
#if $conditional_execution_type.type == "test"
yourscript -input [path on the server] -p paramter
#end if
#if $conditional_execution_type.type == "manual"
yourscript -input $input -p $param1
#end if
</command>

How macro’s and conditional inputs work you need to check the manual.

I typed this answer a bit fast so hope it is clear enough :laughing: for inspiration purposes only.

1 Like