Problems with Galaxy Cloud

Hi, this is my first time trying to launch the Genomics Virtual Lab to AWS to run Galaxy Project on the cloud. I am receiving this error message:

tshum-genomics-virtual-lab-20-12-24-2020

Appliance: Genomics Virtual Lab (GVL)Version: GVL 5.0 beta5 (Galaxy 20.09)
Cloud: Amazon Web Services

FAILURE
Create appliance task failed: An error occurred (AccessDenied) when calling the GetRole operation: User: arn:aws:iam::596091794167:user/galaxy_cloudman is not authorized to perform: iam:GetRole on resource: role thomas3-genomics-virtual-lab-20-12-24t15-34-cm2-kube-role

Can you please tell me what I need to change in Amazon Web Services for this to succeed? I had followed the Getting Started tutorial and given the galaxy_cloudman IAM user full access to EC2 and S3. Thanks so much and happy holidays!

Best,
Thomas

1 Like

I’m not sure if you found an answer but I’m having the same problem. If you have come up with a solution I would be happy to hear it. Based on the error it seems that we may need to set something up with AWS role management, but I haven’t found that in any of the Galaxy instructions so far.

Hey! I didn’t have time to do all the troubleshooting, so I decided to go with the GalaxyWorksPro server.

1 Like