Requested memory issues

It’s been three weeks now that I haven’t been able to get any results using the GetOrganelle tool : Get organelle from reads (version 1.7.7.1+galaxy0).

I keep getting the same error message about the requested memory.

"this job was held by HT Condor because it exceeded its requested memory. Consider increasing requested memory or routing to a destination with more memory.

I can’t increased the requested memory - this option is not available.

Do I need a dedicated high‑memory destination (e.g., high_mem, mem_64g) or permission to select a higher‑memory queue from the tool form ?

I couldn’t get the tool NOVOplasty to work either, with the same memory problem.

I’ve been using those tools for several months without any problems.

100.1 GB of 268.4 GB used

37% of disk quota used

scratch storage source

0 b of 2.2 TB used

0% of disk quota used

Coul you please help me ?

user : bsegers

Thank you

Hi @bsegers

Let’s try to diagnose the problem and get it resolved! This can include making a request to the EU team to allocate more resources to the tool.

I’ve started up a simple test run for the GetOrganelle and NOVOplasty tools to double check the baseline execution seems correct.

Then, I’m wondering if there is something special about the your reads. Are previously successful runs failing with a rerun? Or is this a new batch of reads? Would you be able to share an example of the failures? You can do that in this topic, or a private message, or by sending in a bug report from the red error dataset and putting a link to this topic in the comments.

Let’s start there! :slight_smile: