Revival of login bug

Hi, an issue last logged here in 2023 reemerged where upon trying to enter in the reset password link into my browser for the panel view, it defaults back to the login page. In fact the link isn’t being registered as a link in my mailbox but this could just be an unrelated quirk.

Welcome @sukasuru

We have had a few problems with account activations.

GoogleAUTH account activations (from a few months ago) was resolved in a way that does not involve emails and links (instead, account’s created via GoogleAUTH are automatically confirmed!).

Then this was once at issue too!

For your problem here:

I am not able to reproduce this when I send myself a password reset link from UseGalaxy.org today. I used Safari for all steps (Galaxy and my email client). I then tried pasting into Firefox with all default settings and this resolved correctly as well.

To be clear, this happens after you copy then paste the link we sent you into a web browser?

If yes, I would be curious about which web browser is failing (maybe I can reproduce and report it to the developers), but I would also suggest that you try a different one for just this step so you can move forward quicker. Safari or Firefox?

Please double check that the URL will look something like this.

http://usegalaxy.org/login/start?token=string-of-numbers-and-letters

Please let us know what happens! :slight_smile: