Apache Redirect at logout

Hello,

I am working on a galaxy server that uses apache and PAM auth for user login/logout. However, we are encountering an issue that when a user logs out they are redirected to the login page but url includes the redirect location twice.

galaxyurl /root/login?redirect=%2Flogin

When the user tries to login from this page it is unsuccessful and it redirects them to the correct login url which is just /login and the user is able to login.

I am struggling to locate where this behavior is coming from and where this redirect is handled. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

1 Like

I am using nginx and have the same. I am using version 19.05. For me the problem is not really an issue but wanted to let you know that your are not the only one and it may be a galaxy thing itself.

1 Like

Hi @gbbio, Just a note that we upgraded to 19.09 and still have the same behavior. I’ve also tried to remove apache and it doens’t change, so it doesn’t seem to be the proxy config. Just curious are you using PAM for authentication? I’m wondering if that has something to do with the problem on our side. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi all –

I opened a ticket to report the unexpected behavior to the developers. Please feel free to join in on the ticket: https://github.com/galaxyproject/galaxy/issues/9270

Thanks for reporting the issue!

2 Likes

No, not using PAM for authentication.