Cluster configuration SLURM-DRMAA jammy release file missing.

Hi, I tried installing SLURM on my Ubuntu 22.04 server by following the tutorial from the Galaxy Training platform (Connecting Galaxy to a compute cluster) and ran into the following error during the installation:

fatal: [192.168.123.108]: FAILED! => changed=false
msg: ‘Failed to update apt cache: E:The repository ‘‘Index of /natefoo/slurm-drmaa/ubuntu jammy Release’’ does not have a Release file., W:Updating from such a repository can’‘t be done securely, and is therefore disabled by default., W:See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user configuration details., W:https://repos.influxdata.com/ubuntu/dists/jammy/InRelease: Key is stored in legacy trusted.gpg keyring (/etc/apt/trusted.gpg), see the DEPRECATION section in apt-key(8) for details., W:https://packages.grafana.com/oss/deb/dists/stable/InRelease: Key is stored in legacy trusted.gpg keyring (/etc/apt/trusted.gpg), see the DEPRECATION section in apt-key(8) for details.’

I was wondering if SLURM will be getting a release file for jammy and if so, if this is already under development. If not, are there any alternatives supported by Galaxy which could be used in a production environment?
Thanks in advance!

Hi @hxr, sorry for bothering you, but would you by any chance happen to know any alternatives, since I doubt any new releases for compatibility with Ubuntu 22.04 are going to be released soon. Otherwise, I will just keep running the jobs one by one without connecting to a cluster and use local runners for now. Thanks in advance!

Hi! Yes, apologies. I’m filing the issue here: slurm-drmaa for Ubuntu Jammy · Issue #73 · natefoo/slurm-drmaa · GitHub
Alternatives:

1. Compile slurm-drmaa yourself (quite some work)
  2. Use a different DRM (maybe less work but, completely different things to learn and there’s no nice tutorial for it.)

The code for slurm-drmaa is all here, you might just be able to ./configure && make (assuming you have the dependencies) but it’s probably non-trivial.

1 Like