Troubleshooting an error with Lefse

I keep getting the following error when trying to run LDA effect size (lefse):

“Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/shed_tools/testtoolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/repos/george-weingart/lefse/a6284ef17bf3/lefse/format_input.py”, line 435, in
feats = numerical_values(feats,params[‘norm_v’])
File “/shed_tools/testtoolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/repos/george-weingart/lefse/a6284ef17bf3/lefse/format_input.py”, line 174, in numerical_values
feats[k] = [float(val) for val in v]
ValueError: could not convert string to float: MN3207_VT1303”

Any help would be greatly apperciated!

Best regards,
Collin

hello @mgcollin19 ,
seems that you have installed the tool from the test-toolshed, try to install the same tool from the, more stable and controlled, toolshed.

2 Likes

Thank you for your help! I was actually using the website based version. @pietro would you be able to provide me with a link for the more stable version you are referencing?

Best regards,
Collin

@pietro to follow up on my previous question is the more stable version you referenced website based or do I have to access it another way?

Thank you,
Collin

to install the same tool from the main toolshed, if you are the admin of the instance, you can follow the steps present in this tutorial https://galaxyproject.org/admin/tools/add-tool-from-toolshed-tutorial/#open-the-tool-shed.
link to lefte in toolshed link to lefte in toolshed.
Then, having never used it, I don’t know if it will work but it is always better to install the tools from the main toolshed.

2 Likes