Unicode error while installing ncurses-5.9

Hi. I tried to install ncurses-5.9 as a dependency. I replaced tool_dependencies.xml with the one that contained a patch to allow ncurses-5.9 to be compiled. However, I still run into the error below:

Error installing tool dependency ncurses version 5.9: ‘ascii’ codec can’t encode character u’\u2018’ in position 251: ordinal not in range(128)

I am not sure if this is due to a problem with Python and Unicode and have no idea how to get around this. I tried with Galaxy version 19.05 and 17.09, and did not succeed in getting ncurses-5.9 installed. If anybody could help, I’d really appreciate it. Thank you!

2 Likes

Hi, I am experiencing the same issue as well. I filed an issue with the IUC: https://github.com/galaxyproject/tools-iuc/issues/2605 , but I did not resolve this yet. I know I should probably resolve it using conda, but I do not know how to. I will keep you informed.

1 Like

Hello @phemarajata

Please see the Github ticket that @FMKerckhof posted. The tool wrapper authors have placed an updated version in the ToolShed. Try that one, too.

Hello @FMKerckhof

Glad you were able to get the tool installed correctly. But there does see to be some problem with the workflow “.ga” file’s content. I made a comment here so the workflow author is alerted to help out more: https://github.com/galaxyproject/tools-iuc/issues/2605#issuecomment-534155567