I used a link for sharing the workflow in my thesis (without publishing the workflow on the galaxy server). However, when I use the link today (2 years later), the following error occurs:
Please fix the following error(s):
Uncaught exception in exposed API method:
May I ask for help to fix this problem, so that the reader of my thesis can use the link to view the workflow properly on galaxy again?
Thanks for your help!
All the best,
Would you please post back your share link to the workflow? We’d like to take a look and get this working again.
Opps, just re-read your post. If you want to keep this private for now, I’m sending a direct message where you can post the link instead. We’d only share that with administrators for troubleshooting purposes.
General solution for others reading:
- Import a workflow.
- If you have problems viewing or running, try opening it the workflow in the editor.
- Any warnings will be presented in a pop-up, grouped by impacted tools in the workflow, and with a message.
- Make changes as needed to address those warnings, and save.
I just wanted to clarify,
Uncaught exception in exposed API method: is always a bug, thanks for letting us know, we’ll fix this ASAP. No additional action should be required from you once we’ve fixed this. Especially for published workflows I would attempt to not change them, if they’ve worked in the past they will continue to work in the future. This is just a display problem.