Can't connect to ftp server on Galaxy

I tried 3 different ftp clients (FileZilla, CyberDuck, and CoreFTP) and all of them are unable to open a connection on usegalaxy.org using my username and password. I am able to sign in with my username and password on the website, but the server rejects it through one of the ftp clients. I get these errors in FileZilla:

Status: Connection attempt failed with ECONNREFUSED - Connection refused by server, trying next address.
Status: Connection attempt failed with ECONNREFUSED - Connection refused by server.
Error: Could not connect to server

I seems as if my account is not allowed to access the ftp server on galaxy, since I don’t have the “choose ftp file” button when I click “upload data”. Any suggestions on how to get this to work so I can upload my 64 GB files?

I’ve now tried it on the command line and it say the Galaxy Main server is refusing the connection. It allows me to log in with my username and password. It refuses the connection at the moment of transfer. How can I get the Galaxy server to allow me to transfer files to it?

usegalaxy.org does not support FTP uploads anymore, please see details here: The usegalaxy.org FTP service will be decommissioned on August 12, 2022

Thank you Marten. I was unaware of the cancellation of the FTP service, as we haven’t uploaded anything to Galaxy since 2021.

1 Like