Mummer_show_coords/4.0.0rc1+galaxy2.

This job was terminated because it used more memory than it was allocated.?

1 Like

Hi @libinglin

We have an FAQ about this error, see FAQ: Understanding 'exceeds memory allocation' error messages

In short, this means there is either a data input/parameter problem that caused the tool to spin out during runtime, or the work is actually too large for the public computational resources. The first is much more common.

If you want to share your work we could review and offer usage advice. I am most curious about the format of your inputs, and the parameters chosen on the form. Find all of that on the Job Details view (“i” info icon – the fourth from the left at the bottom of datasets in the history panel). FAQ: Different dataset icons and their usage && the bottom of this guide Troubleshooting resources for errors or unexpected results.

I also started up a test job using the tool test data (super small representative data). This tool is not included in a tutorial, but maybe the example test data is enough to find what is going wrong with your run. This is just to check that there isn’t a technical problem server side.

Test history → https://usegalaxy.eu/u/jenj/h/test-show-coords

Let’s start there, thanks! :slight_smile: