PEAR - unrecognized option

I am getting an error trying to use PEAR to merge paired-end fastq files. I’ve used this tool in the past on these exact same files with no error and the versions appear to be the same.

Error:

Fatal error: Exit code 1 ()
pear: unrecognized option `--min-asm-length'
Invalid argument -?

My command is:

pear -f "/Users/hortowe/galaxy/database/files/000/dataset_3.dat" -r "/Users/hortowe/galaxy/database/files/000/dataset_4.dat" --phred-base 33  --output pear --p-value 0.01 --min-overlap 10 --min-asm-length 50 --min-trim-length 1 --quality-theshold 0 --max-uncalled-base 1.0 --test-method 1 --empirical-freqs -j "${GALAXY_SLOTS:-8}" --score-method 2 --cap 40

I’m using PEAR version 0.9.6, revision 2f804526f5fd. I also tried --min-asm-length 0 to try to avoid the option, but got the same error.

A previous run of PEAR resulted in the following command:

pear -f "/Users/hortowe/galaxy/database/files/000/dataset_3.dat" -r "/Users/hortowe/galaxy/database/files/000/dataset_4.dat" --phred-base 33  --output pear --p-value 0.01 --min-overlap 10 --min-asm-length 50 --min-trim-length 1 --quality-theshold 0 --max-uncalled-base 1.0 --test-method 1 --empirical-freqs -j "${GALAXY_SLOTS:-8}" --score-method 2 --cap 40

This run was from 2018-08-09 and had no issues. The job info says it’s version 0.9.6 as well.

Any help is appreciated!