ProFTP fails to load TLS

Hi everyone :slight_smile:
Im trying to use ProFTP for our Galaxy. However, i keep running into an error, where ProFTP fails to restart. This seems to be caused by TLS.

The error is the following:

galaxyworkstation proftpd[16414]: fatal: unknown configuration directive 'TLSEngine' on line 11 of '/etc/proftpd/conf.d/05_tls.con>
galaxyworkstation proftpd[16414]: error: unable to open parse file '/etc/proftpd/conf.d/05_tls.conf': Operation not permitted
galaxyworkstation proftpd[16414]: fatal: unknown configuration directive 'TLSLog' on line 210 of '/etc/proftpd/proftpd.conf'

I am running on Ubuntu 22.04. Is it possible that i need to load the mod_tls module separately? 

Here are some more information:
###05_tls.conf
#05_tls.conf
##
## This file is maintained by Ansible - CHANGES WILL BE OVERWRITTEN
##

# Enable session reuse (must be in the server context)

# Enable TLS
TLSEngine on
TLSLog /var/log/proftpd/tls.log

# Limit allowed TLS protocols
TLSProtocol TLSv1.1 TLSv1.2

# Require TLS
TLSRequired on

TLSOptions NoSessionReuseRequired

# Limit TLS ciphers
TLSServerCipherPreference on
TLSCipherSuite EECDH+ECDSA+AESGCM:EECDH+aRSA+AESGCM:EECDH+ECDSA+SHA384:EECDH+ECDSA+SHA256:EECDH+aRSA+SHA384:EECDH+aRSA+SHA256:EECDH:EDH+aRSA:!RC4:!aNULL:!eNULL:!LOW:!3DES:!MD5:!EXP:!PSK:!SRP:!DSS

# Cert/Key

TLSRSACertificateFile /etc/ssl/certs/cert.pem
TLSRSACertificateKeyFile /etc/ssl/user/privkey-proftpd.pem

###Journal
#Journal
Aug 10 15:32:36 galaxyworkstation systemd[1]: Failed to start ProFTPD FTP Server.
β–‘β–‘ Subject: A start job for unit proftpd.service has failed
β–‘β–‘ Defined-By: systemd
β–‘β–‘ Support: http://www.ubuntu.com/support
β–‘β–‘ 
β–‘β–‘ A start job for unit proftpd.service has finished with a failure.
β–‘β–‘ 
β–‘β–‘ The job identifier is 3857 and the job result is failed.

###Playbook error
RUNNING HANDLER [galaxyproject.proftpd : restart proftpd] **********************
fatal: [ipt-galaxy.de]: FAILED! => changed=false 
  msg: |-
    Unable to start service proftpd: Job for proftpd.service failed because the control process exited with error code.
    See "systemctl status proftpd.service" and "journalctl -xeu proftpd.service" for details.

Any help would be highly appreciated :smiley: Thanks!

Best
Niklas

admin quote reformat for clarity

Hi @niklas.petzold

This is probably better posted to the Admin chat. You can include a link to this topic for context.

I think I’ve shared how to ask there already with you, yes? If not, see here for where to find it, the working group is β€œSystems” β†’ Galaxy Working Groups and Projects - Galaxy Community Hub

And, I think we also shared where to find the Admin training and other docs. But I’m putting those here for anyone else reading.