Can multiple users work on a history?

I understand how to share histories. But can multiple members of a team share and work on a history (and not just view it)?

1 Like

Hi @herricjb
other users can import a shared history and edit it, not just view.
I am not aware about multi-user access to a history through the web interface, but you can share the user name and password with your colleagues, so they can access your account, not just one history.
Kind regards,
Igor

Important Warning – directly sharing accounts would cause administrative issues at UseGalaxy.org and UseGalaxy.eu. Everyone should only use and log into their own single account. If someone already knows your password, update it and keep it private to protect your own data.

Someone else using your account could do anything you could do – up to and including deleting the entire account. This is usually not “un-do-able”.

The collaborative working model involves sharing functions. Share your history, others can review and/or import to work with it, then share back. You can generate a link and share that, or directly share with other people also working at the same server (by email address).

@jennaj
you are right - I should not suggest the password sharing.

We get similar inquiries from local users. Galaxy Australia has one active ‘group’ account for a big collaborative project. I don’t know if it is used by several people or just one, but it was created for a group.

Kind regards,
Igor

1 Like