Galaxy installation failed

Hello,
I’m trying to install Galaxy 23.1 on a Virtual machine with Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS.
After running the command “sh run.sh” the installation take some times to install all the packages but after that step I got the following error and the installation stops:

Downloading and Extracting Packages

Preparing transaction: done                                                                                                                                                                                 
Verifying transaction: done                                                                                                                                                                                 
Executing transaction: done                                                                                                                                                                                 
Error: No configured Galaxy instances                                                                                                                                                                       
Executing: galaxy                                                                                                                                                                                           
Error: No configured Galaxy instances     

How can I fix this error?
I already tried to install it with admin right and without but it was not working in any case.

Hi @Andrea_Furlani

The logs might have more information about what specifically is going wrong, so look there first.

These tutorials have a complete walkthrough for configuration.

And, if this is just for personal use, you might want to consider the Docker version instead. Much is preconfigured. Instructions are on that same page ^^.

Thank for your reply @jennaj . Exactly where can I find the log files? I look through all the folders but I cannot find them.

Hi @Andrea_Furlani

You might need to adjust what is in the logs, and where to place them. The tutorials go through all of this – too much to post back here.