Getting data into galaxy with FTP

Hi everyone, i want to learn how to use the QIIME2 galaxy server https://cancer.usegalaxy.org/. I would like to use my own nano data so I know exactly what to do when I get my more data in the future. I am trying to connect to the server with FileZilla and it keeps coming up with an error and a connection timeout. It doesn’t even ask for a password despite me asking for that. I have followed the ftp tutorial Galaxy FTP Upload - Galaxy Community Hub .

Anyone have any suggestions

Kind regards

Think it has to do with this The usegalaxy.org FTP service will be decommissioned on August 12, 2022

Is the normal file upload not working? Do you have a specific reason to use ftp?

Hi, Thank you for getting back to me. I have no idea how to upload my data to Galaxy to be honest. I was hoping someone could help. I have 108 samples (Paired end sequences).

Do you have any recommendations?

On the top left you find the button to open the upload window, it looks like this:

You may want to look at this training because you have so many samples:

And here you can find some tutorials:

If you need to upload from the commandline you can use:

1 Like

Thank you for your help :slight_smile:

I am trying to upload direct from my computer though rather than from an online source. Is there an easy way to do this?

The tutorial shows how to get the data from Zenodo.

Kind regards

I am not sure if I understand the question so let know if that is the case. But do you see this button?

Click the “Upload data button” and a new window will appear.
That window looks like this:

After that you can just drag and drop your files in this window or click the “Choose local files” button to select your local files. The button looks like this:

After selecting your local files you will see them in this window. And to actually upload them click the start button located at the bottom of this window.

1 Like

Hi, thank you. I have paired end sequences but galaxy is not allowing me to pair them up. I am not sure why. I have uploaded the paired end sequences in the upload but it will not go further than that?

Why do you filter on “_1” and “_2”, does your samples have this in their name? Do they maybe have “R1” and “R2” instead?