'Resume Dependencies from this job' option not available on failed workflow tools

Hello,
Once I fix the errors on a specific tool after a workflow fails and execute the tool again, I do not see the option to replace the dataset and resume the workflow with the right dependencies (Resume dependencies from this job). I see the option available on the usegalaxy.eu server but my local installation does not give me that option (I do not see a section for “Additional Options”.)
I have checked the replies on posts like these
Job fail in one element of the list stops the whole pipelin
Is it because of the difference in Galaxy versions? (local installation is 22.05) or do I have to activate it in the config files?

Thanks

Hi @prao123

That option has been available for quite a while, and is a default. Whether the option shows up or not is more dependent on what was changed, as far as I know.

Example: changing parameters, the option should show up. Changing the tool, will not show up. That can include the tool version.

Maybe explain a bit more? The example at the EU server could be shared, and would provide enough context.

Hello @jennaj
Thank you for that explanation. My case is as follows:
I am running a local Galaxy installation. The tool in the workflow modifies the gtf file using “Column Regex Find and Replace” tool. The gtf file as input had an issue. I am trying to see if I can rerun the tool by using the right gtf file as the input.

Example: changing parameters, the option should show up. Changing the tool, will not show up. That can include the tool version.

Unfortunately, I thought that the tool may be an issue and uninstalled and reinstalled the same version of the tool before I checked the input file. Maybe that is the reason the “Resume with dependencies” is not showing up? Interestingly, the “Email Notification” option is also not showing up on any of the tools in my Galaxy installation.
Do you have any suggestions whether I can do anything apart from deleting all the completed and remaining steps in the workflow and rerunning the entire workflow?

Thanks

Yes, reinstalling the tool is probably enough.

You can configure this in your galaxy.yml file. The options are near the end, so scroll down here to see where: https://github.com/galaxyproject/galaxy/blob/dev/lib/galaxy/config/sample/galaxy.yml.sample, and that is covered in the Docs here Search — Galaxy Project 23.1.1.dev0 documentation

Yes, you’ll need to rerun everything as far as I know.

1 Like