Using one of files from composite dataset (e.g. pbed) without downloading it

Hi @Alex_Shap

I don’t think this is what you are asking about, but it is what we can help with just in case.

1. Galaxy has a couple of file format conversion tools that accept pbed as an input. Searching the tool panel with that datatype can find those.
  2. Options to convert any datatype will also be available under the :pencil2: → Edit Attributes → Datatype tab if the format conversion is a direct action eg doesn’t involve parameter choices or other datasets.
  3. If you are not sure what datatype(s) a tool accepts: start up an empty history then load up the tool form. The expected datatypes will be listed out in each input section of the tool form.

I’m not sure what this part means. Are you trying to input the data to a tool in a Galaxy workflow? Or, trying to make the data available by URL to input/visualize at some remote website? Or, want to manipulate the data directly with other tools (text manipulations, and similar).

If the above does not help, would you please explain a bit more about what you are trying to do? I’m guessing that this is followup for the prior question Galaxy Plink doesn't accept pbed composite dataset when uploaded from local disk. I asked for more details but those were not sent in, and greatly helps. Galaxy hosts 1000s of tools and 100s of datatypes, so need to narrow down the use case a bit please :slight_smile: