Working on mapping,

but tool Advanced cut columns from a table (Cut) no longer works? help!!

Hi @Sonenshine
Can you provide some details please? What server do you use? What do you mean by “no longer works”. I checked Cut on Galaxy Australia and do not see any obvious issues with the software.
Kind regards,
Igor

Hi Igor:

I’m using Google Chrome. The Advanced cut… etc tool turns red even though there is a complete set of sequences uploaded. Previously, like last week, it worked OK.

Daniel

Hi @Sonenshine

If the tool is failing, and you are working at a public Galaxy server, the usual reasons for a failure are:

1. A problem with the options/parameters used

2. A problem with the input data

You can share more about your error job here, and we can help to troubleshoot. We will need to know the server URL, the job parameters and logs, and your inputs. A shared history will provide all of that or you can copy/paste and explain. We need details for this, so more is better/faster!

You can also take a look yourself first if you want to. What I usually do: try comparing the “job details” view between your old and new job, and see if you can notice what might have changed. You’ll be able to see a small bit of your two input files on this view too. Sometimes this is enough to discover what is going on, and this is the same information we review first when troubleshooting :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Dear Igor:

I am trying to find the Galaxy tutorial that offers a comprehensive tutoring for learning how to use the numerous Galaxy tools. Can you provide the link to the appropriate Galaxy tutorial?

Thanks

Daniel

Hi Daniel,
check Galaxy training network at https://training.galaxyproject.org/
Kind regards,
Igor

Yes, I will certainly use this

Training.

Thanks

Daniel