Demultiplexing reads from RNA-Seq

Hi! :grinning:

I am working with RNA-Seq. I have the reads from 192 samples and during the experimental part I added a barcode (index) to each sample, so later I can see each read from which sample comes from. I want to analyze the small RNA, so I am following the corresponding protocol (Hands-on: Hands-on: Differential abundance testing of small RNAs / Transcriptomics). However, this protocol doesnā€™t include the initial step of demultiplexing (classifying the reads to the corresponding samples). Is there a way to do it with Galaxy?

Thank you :smile:

1 Like

Hi there, Iā€™m not sure but I think you could use Stacks2 : process_radtags if you use the EU instance of Galaxy (https://usegalaxy.eu/). It is typically used for short DNA sequences from RadSeq, but if you donā€™t see any other option Iā€™m pretty sure it can still be used. It will ask for a restriction enzyme, but if you check the advanced options youā€™ll see you can activate the option not to check for the rad tag (ā€œDisable checking if the RAD site is intactā€) if it suits your project better.

Iā€™m not sure this will work, but you can probably give it a try while waiting for other answers here :slight_smile: Iā€™d be interested to know if it works, as I have never worked with RNASeq.

Good luck!

2 Likes

Tutorials with examples of de-multiplexing/QA tool choices: Search Tutorials

Related Q&A links via tags added to the post