Error Exit code 137 () in fastp

Hello. I’m trying to run fastp to trim my reads (quality and length). However, I received the following errors:

Fatal error: Exit code 137 ()

Detecting adapter sequence for read1…
/jetstream2/scratch/main/jobs/55693473/tool_script.sh: line 23: 297687 Killed fastp --thread ${GALAXY_SLOTS:-1} --report_title ‘fastp report for fasta_conc_fastq.fastq’ -i ‘fasta_conc_fastq.fastq’ -o first.fastq

slurmstepd: error: Detected 1 oom-kill event(s) in StepId=1461577.batch. Some of your processes may have been killed by the cgroup out-of-memory handler.

I believe they are related to use of memory. Is there a way to increase memory? The file I’m using is 209,3 MB and I was using phred quality > 15 and length > 100pb.

1 Like

Hi @Joana_Morais

Computational resources are fixed for everyone, plus your file is not too large. Something else is going on.

Some of the jobs at UseGalaxy.org failed with this error last week. The solution for those errors are to try a rerun.

If the job fails again, consider checking the content of the input reads since data problems can also sometimes lead to errors. “Problems” could be a truncated file, incomplete upload, or the wrong datatype. FastQC and Fastq info are good choices for integrity checks.

Xref: GTN Materials Search query=quality