ERROR while checking CERNVM-FS for setup

Hi, after fixing a previous problem concerning the installation of cvmfs (ERROR while trying to make CERNVM-FS key directories), I ran into the following problem:

fatal: [192.168.123.108]: FAILED! => changed=false
  cmd:
  - cvmfs_config
  - chksetup
  delta: '0:00:00.032705'
  end: '2022-10-20 14:46:59.249437'
  msg: non-zero return code
  rc: 1
  start: '2022-10-20 14:46:59.216732'
  stderr: |-
    Error: failed to load cvmfs library, tried: './libcvmfs_fuse3_stub.so' '/usr/lib/libcvmfs_fuse3_stub.so' '/usr/lib64/libcvmfs_fuse3_stub.so' './libcvmfs_fuse_stub.so' '/usr/lib/libcvmfs_fuse_stub.so' '/usr/lib64/libcvmfs_fuse_stub.so'
    ./libcvmfs_fuse3_stub.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    /usr/lib/libcvmfs_fuse3_stub.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    /usr/lib64/libcvmfs_fuse3_stub.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    ./libcvmfs_fuse_stub.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    libcrypto.so.1.0.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    /usr/lib64/libcvmfs_fuse_stub.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Failed to read CernVM-FS configuration
  stderr_lines: <omitted>
  stdout: ''
  stdout_lines: <omitted>

I found the same error on github (Crashes when running the role for the GAT · Issue #30 · galaxyproject/ansible-cvmfs · GitHub), where I found out that for some reason it’s written in xenial.

xxx@xxx:~/galaxy$ cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/cernvm.list.list
deb [allow-insecure=true] https://cvmrepo.web.cern.ch/cvmrepo/apt/ xenial-prod main
xxx@xxx:~/galaxy$ grep VERSION /etc/os-release
VERSION_ID="22.04"
VERSION="22.04.1 LTS (Jammy Jellyfish)"
VERSION_CODENAME=jammy

Unfortunately, the fix that was used there doesn’t work for me. This might have to do with the fact that I have Ubuntu 22.04 installed as my OS instead of 20.04. I was wondering how to update the cvmfs role to include the 22.04 package, if this is not already done. And if so, should this be done by editing the playbook (if so where?) or by manually installing the package?
Thanks in advance!

Edit: I also found out I already have the libcvmfs_fuse_stub.so file in the /usr/lib directory but the specific path to this file (/usr/lib/libcvmfs_fus_stub.so) is not listed under the paths where it tries to load the cvmfs library from, which might actually be causing the problem. I have been looking for where to edit/specify this path, but can’t find the file. Any help regarding this is appreciated!

Morning @cbass, you’re on an LTS/Jammy so that’s good. We added support to the role for that on September 8 which is quite recent (Add jammy to list of supported Ubuntu versions · galaxyproject/ansible-cvmfs@6b9c746 · GitHub) and it looks like we haven’t released a new version of the role since then! (Whoops!)

By the time you read this comment the ansible role for CVMFS at version 0.2.18 should be available, if you update, that might fix it :slight_smile:

2 Likes