Loading required package: AnnotationDbi
Loading required package: stats4
Loading required package: BiocGenerics
Loading required package: paral>>

as input I had this:

To add more details :

Details
Execution resulted in the following messages:

Fatal error: An undefined error occured, please check your input carefully and contact your administrator.
Tool generated the following standard error:

Warning message:
In pcls(G) : initial point very close to some inequality constraints
Loading required package: AnnotationDbi
Loading required package: stats4
Loading required package: BiocGenerics
Loading required package: parallel

Attaching package: ‘BiocGenerics’

The following objects are masked from ‘package:parallel’:

clusterApply, clusterApplyLB, clusterCall, clusterEvalQ,
clusterExport, clusterMap, parApply, parCapply, parLapply,
parLapplyLB, parRapply, parSapply, parSapplyLB

The following objects are masked from ‘package:dplyr’:

combine, intersect, setdiff, union

The following objects are masked from ‘package:stats’:

IQR, mad, sd, var, xtabs

The following objects are masked from ‘package:base’:

anyDuplicated, append, as.data.frame, basename, cbind, colMeans,
colnames, colSums, dirname, do.call, duplicated, eval, evalq,
Filter, Find, get, grep, grepl, intersect, is.unsorted, lapply,
lengths, Map, mapply, match, mget, order, paste, pmax, pmax.int,
pmin, pmin.int, Position, rank, rbind, Reduce, rowMeans, rownames,
rowSums, sapply, setdiff, sort, table, tapply, union, unique,
unsplit, which, which.max, which.min

Loading required package: Biobase
Welcome to Bioconductor

Vignettes contain introductory material; view with
'browseVignettes()'. To cite Bioconductor, see
'citation("Biobase")', and for packages 'citation("pkgname")'.

Loading required package: IRanges
Loading required package: S4Vectors

Attaching package: ‘S4Vectors’

first, rename

The following object is masked from ‘package:base’:

expand.grid

Attaching package: ‘IRanges’

collapse, desc, slice

Attaching package: ‘AnnotationDbi’

The following object is masked from ‘package:dplyr’:

select

Using manually entered categories.
Error in [.default(summary(map), , 1) : incorrect number of dimensions
Calls: goseq → reversemapping → [ → [.table → NextMethod

Any help would be much appreciated.

edit: from what I noticed, the order of the genes in the two inputs(Gene IDs and differential expression, and Gene IDs and length) is different , could this be the problem? and if yes, how can I edit them so both inputs have the same order of genes? edit2: I saw a video on YouTube where the genes on the two inputs had different order and it still worked

Hi @dimitris

The error message posted implies some technical problems. But it could just be the data, so troubleshoot that first. If none of the help below works out, you could try contacting the admins of that server. It wasn’t clear which you are working at.

Yes, sort the inputs in the same order or that can cause problems. How to is in this tutorial Data Manipulation Olympics

Technically… all genes in the first file (true/false) need to be in the second file (lengths), and genes in both need to be in the same sort order. That second file can contain extra lines (will be ignored).

I’m not sure how others did it differently, and I’m wondering if they got proper results or are missing some of the output! But it doesn’t matter, try this way. Sorting files is quick and simple.

Prior Q&A about goseq: Search results for 'goseq' - Galaxy Community Help
Tutorials that incorporate goseq: Search Tutorials

Hope that helps!

1 Like

Thank you for your response.

I did it again and this time everything was in the same sort order , however I still got the same error.
I have no idea what causes the error cause I followed every step from this tutorial : Reference-based RNA-Seq data analysis

Is it possible because my names of genes are in the form of ENSMUSG00000001.1 and not ENSMUSG00000001, to cause the error? I can not think of something else. Pls let me know if you can think of another reason that can cause this error.

Thanks!

Hi @dimitris

You could also remove the headers from all files – maybe try that first? The length file had a header in your original screenshot. You’d need to remove that before sorting so maybe it is gone already?

Then you could try stripping out the versions to see what happens but I don’t think that is needed either. But, I could be wrong! Be good to get that clarified, so let us know what happens. The tool form and the tutorial both have the headers removed. And, this is an R tool, so “simple” values tend to be better interpreted. If confirmed, we can add some more help comments in both places.

Hey again and thank you for the reply ,
I removed the header, sorted in an order as you can see below:

but I still got the same error.
while in this YouTube video ( at 2:04:00) GTN Training - Transcriptomics - Reference-based RNA-seq - YouTube , you can see that goseq analysis works, even if she used the header but also didnt do the sorting step.

I am using galaxy.embl.de and is not listed under “Available at these Galaxies” that the tutorial has, so maybe this explains the error

Yes, maybe, if the installed tool has some configuration problem or is running an older version of the tool wrapper. You could also try running this same data through at a supported server to compare.

But first – I would try removing the .N version from the two files next. Maybe the dot is causing a mismatch. After removing the version, confirm that all lines have a unique gene.

You could also do a check to make sure all the genes in the first file are actually in the second file.

Thank you for the suggestions , problem solved.

I removed the .N version from the two files next and confirmed that all lines have a unique gene.

Thanks again for your help!

1 Like