Score column in narrowPeak file?

Hi, I’m trying to carry out a DiffBind operation with peak files (in bed format) generated elsewhere. When selecting my input files and parameters, the default setting for Score Column for a narrowPeak file is column number 8. In my narrowPeak files, column 8 corresponds to the -log10(pvalue). Is this what the score refers to, or should I be changing the column number to correspond to another column, like abs_summit or fold_enrichment? I should note that none of the columns in the narrowPeak file are actually called ‘score’. Thanks in advance!

Hi @alexbisias

Usually, yes, the p-value is what is used for “score” when calculating the FDR.

The file format for narrowPeak datasets is here: Genome Browser FAQ

You’ll notice the first few columns are similar to BED format, which has a score metric in the 5th column, but what that score represents differs between the two plus narrowPeak has two more summary attributes.

Resources

The GTN and Bioconductor groups will be hosting a training later this month. Please consider joining for direct expertise help from the original tool authors and scientists from both communities :slight_smile: Smörgåsbord 3: A week of Free, Online, Galaxy Training supported by the Global Galaxy Training Community

Hi @jennaj, thank you for the clarifications, and for highlighting the course, that’s very helpful!

1 Like