UseGalaxy.eu FTP Server

Hi @hexylena,

Thanks for your help before–I was able to get those files uploaded!

Now I am trying to FTP some larger files to usegalaxy.eu and am encountering a similar problem. I have successfully done this in the past to the main usegalaxy.org server, but for usegalaxy.edu, I am getting an error when I try to connect: Connection attempt failed with “ETIMEDOUT - Connection attempt timed out”.

I have used the tutorial on this page: https://galaxyproject.org/ftp-upload/
and this information (https://galaxyproject.eu/ftp/) specific to usegalaxy.eu for guidance.

Below is a screenshot from FileZilla showing the information I input for the FTP (I blocked out my username).

From the Grafana page you sent before, it doesn’t look like now is a particularly ‘bad’ time to be connecting, so I wonder if I have entered something incorrectly. Do you have any suggestions for solving the issue? I tried increasing my “Timeout in seconds” setting within FileZilla but that didn’t seem to help.

Thanks!
Kristen

@krhaynes can you please try ftp://galaxy.uni-freiburg.de as FTP server?

Hi @bjoern.gruening – I will try that now!

That worked! Thank you, @bjoern.gruening !

1 Like

I am trying to FTP files to galaxy.uni-freiburg.de and getting the similar error: Connection attempt failed with “ETIMEDOUT - Connection attempt timed out”.

I had done the file transfer with FileZilla using the same server [galaxy.uni-freiburg.de], and was successful. But now I constantly get the following error message:

|Status: |Waiting to retry…|
|Status: |Resolving address of galaxy.uni-freiburg.de|
|Status: |Connecting to 132.230.68.85:21…|
|Error: |Connection timed out after 20 seconds of inactivity|
|Error: |Could not connect to server|

Please help.

Thanks!

Shaobin

Hello, I had problem using FTP to ftp://galaxy.uni-freiburg.de. It keeps showing the following message:

Error: Connection timed out after 20 seconds of inactivity
Error: Could not connect to server

Please help!

Thanks.

Shaobin

@shaobinzhong I will look into it. But in the meantime use the normal upload form. This can handle nowadays files larger then 2GB. The FTP is not really needed anymore.

1 Like

The FTP is running good now. Thank you so much! Shaobin