Join two Datasets side by side on a specified field (Galaxy Version 2.1.3)

I am using a private Galaxy server hosted by our organization which can then be used by other people in the organization. I was following this tutorial - Reference-based RNA-Seq data analysis to run RNA-seq analysis. However, I faced this error when using the Join two Datasets side by side on a specified field (Galaxy Version 2.1.3) tool. It throws this error -
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/data/tools/galaxy/tools/filters/join.py”, line 19, in
from galaxy.util import stringify_dictionary_keys
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘galaxy’

I tried several things, and referred to this article - Specify column to group by -- Join two datasets -- Fixed - #6 by jennaj, but it didn’t help me. I tried installing an earlier version of this tool but it gave the same error. Any help or suggestions are highly appreciated.

Thank you!

Hi @priyanka8590

This is a configuration problem that the administrator of the service needs to fix. In short, the place where the job was executed did not have access to the database where the server is running.

If one job fails with this reason, it might have been a small hiccup and a rerun might fix it. If many jobs are failing with this reason, it is a larger problem.

This was due to a dependency problem in most prior Q&A at this forum. Example: Specify column to group by -- Join two datasets -- Fixed

Should your admins need help, the Galax admin chat is here: https://gitter.im/galaxyproject/admins.

1 Like

Hi @jennaj
Thank you for your reply. I am an admin for this Galaxy instance, and I will use the Gitter chat community to post my question. Thank you again!

1 Like