Coursera Genomic Data Science

I’m trying to use the Join tool as demonstrated in the course (they refer to previous Galaxy version). Although I’m specifying column 4 (exon name), I get 0 lines joins. I I don’t specify the columns I get an error. I saw this issue was resolved before, but can’t really execute it…
Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @udi_gluschnaider

Selecting a column from each input is required.

Some tips for troubleshooting:

1. Double-check the tool name – there are two different “Join” tools in that particular tutorial. Use this for the “per-exon” data recovery step: Join two files.
  2. Be sure to use the most current version of the tool at the Galaxy server you are working at.
  3. Examine the two input datasets and the columns selected from each. The columns between each input should have a common content/format. In this case, both columns will contain exon names.

This is a slightly different presentation of the same basic tutorial, and it uses the tool Compare Two Datasets instead of Join two files, but the usage is about the same. Maybe reviewing it will help to identify the problem? https://training.galaxyproject.org/training-material/topics/introduction/tutorials/galaxy-intro-101/tutorial.html#recovering-exon-info

Let us know if you need more help. Some things to include could be the tool name/version, screenshots of the form (use the “rerun” icon to bring up the original run with the inputs populated), and screenshots of the two input datasets (expanded, so that the data “peek” view at the bottom is visible).

Thanks!