Where's RNA STAR tool? -- Resolved: UseGalaxy.org 2021-08-26

Hello everyone, I am working on a project and I need to map my reads to a genome. I’ve been working for 3 months using different species’ reads in the same way and now I’ve realized that RNA STAR tool doesn’t appear anymore in Galaxy. Indeed, it appears a very similar tool called RNA STARsolo, but I don’t want to use that. Does anyone know what happened with RNA STAR tool?

Thanks!

1 Like

Update: Resolved

The tool is now listed. You may need to refresh your browser’s cache to see it (hold down the shift key and reload the tab).

@idoia_jim

Thank you for reporting this!! The tool is missing from the tool panel at UseGalaxy.org. We looked into why and seems to be a problem introduced later yesterday when the tool was updated. We are restarting the server to see if that fixes it. To be clear: the tool is still installed, just not listed in the tool panel. A technical problem that we expect to resolve quickly.

Immediate workaround: If you have a prior RNA STAR run in a history, use the rerun button to bring up the tool and use it that way. Versions can be navigated – the most current version is RNA STAR Gapped-read mapper for RNA-seq data (Galaxy Version 2.7.8a+galaxy0). Copy a prior RNA STAR output dataset into other histories if you need to, use the rerun icon to bring up the tool form, and modify the version/settings for the new mapping job(s).