- Files from your computer using Choose local files
- Files with a public URL using Paste/Fetch data
- Files from remote data sources using Choose remote files
files can be dragged and dropped to launch the Upload tool!
- Use a data retrieval tool to load files into your history. See the tool panel for these options
- Copy datasets from Shared Data → Data Libraries into your history
All servers support a resume function directly through the Upload tool for very large local data loading.
Data retrieved through all other methods is entirely remote and performance is dependent on the connection between that other service and the Galaxy server where you are working.
UseGalaxy.org offers the custom command-line
I tried to retrieve a batch of accessions from NCBI SRA, but the query failed!
First, check your query terms. Most of these underlying tools expect one accession term per line without any extra spaces or blank lines. You can confirm by reviewing the tool form instructions.
Next, try again! External data services can get busy and reject queries for unclear reasons. Trying again at a different time is a common solution.
Upload FAQs at Galaxy Training!
Any persistent problems can be reported in a new question for community help. Be sure to provide enough context so others can review the situation exactly and quickly offer advice.