Reference genome not in database offered by galaxy - Solution: Use a custom genome

Hi there,

I need to upload the FASTA file of my reference genome to galaxy as a dataset and change the settings in history to allow me to select that reference genome when I import gene data of the organism that I performed RNAseq analysis on. I really need help with this please, the species I need is not in the standard database that galaxy allows you to choose from when importing data. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

J

1 Like

Hi @jasmus

For help with custom genome formatting as fasta, please see: Datatypes - Galaxy Community Hub

More help:

Hi there @jennaj

Thanks, I did try and upload the fasta file of the genome I downloaded from NCBI to galaxy as a database, but the FTP upload is not working. I used FileZilla and I cannot connect to galaxy server. I made a separate post regarding this issue, but it still hasn’t been resolved it seems. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

J

1 Like

Hi @jasmus

There are a few more details in this topic about using FTP. Maybe it will help? I also added another tag to your post that will find most prior Q&A about FTP.